RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What does your screen name mean? Or where did it come from?

Started by BlueBMW, 11/04/2010, 09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

We seem to have a pretty big variety of usernames here.  Some are pretty obvious in their meaning... others maybe not so much.

So what does your screen name mean, and how did you come up with it?

BlueBMW - I like BMWs, and I like blue, plus the two "B" sounds seem to flow nice :P  My personal BMW is actually white.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turbogrfxfan

mine cause Ive been a fan of the turbo since 1989 but I actually have more pce games as of now
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Frank_fjs

Mine isn't anything fancy. Simply my first name followed by my initials.

rag-time4

The first part of my screen name is from my favorite genre / era of music... the number 4 come from being a huge fan of Stromile Swift

Arkhan Asylum

I play alot of D&D.

Arkhan was my elf fighter mage.

I got the name by respelling Archon.  I still don't know the proper pronunciation of that game anyway.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Colossus1574

Quote from: rag-time4 on 11/05/2010, 12:04 AMThe first part of my screen name is from my favorite genre / era of music... the number 4 come from being a huge fan of Stromile Swift
wow....i still remember his name from when we drafted him...i think he was from Vancouver's last draft year....

Anyways, Colossus of the X-men is my favourite comic book character (even though he regularly gets beatup by other powerhouse guys in the Marvel universe). The 1-5-7-4 was his stats from an old defunct card game called Marvel Overpower. And my name is also my Ebay ID  8)

MotherGunner

I served in the U.S. Military, pretty self-explanatory.  Also a play on "MotherFucker" =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 11/05/2010, 12:19 AMI play alot of D&D.

Arkhan was my elf fighter mage.

I got the name by respelling Archon.  I still don't know the proper pronunciation of that game anyway.
I once won an Archon tourney (NES) at a friend's birthday! It was single elimination! Great memories!

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 11/05/2010, 12:33 AM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 11/05/2010, 12:04 AMThe first part of my screen name is from my favorite genre / era of music... the number 4 come from being a huge fan of Stromile Swift
wow....i still remember his name from when we drafted him...i think he was from Vancouver's last draft year....
That's right! They drafted him very high (number 2) and never really played him.

OldRover

Mine's from an old Mithotyn song called "The Old Rover". My other nickname, Nodtveidt, is from Jon Nodtveidt, the late frontman for the band Dissection.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Joe Redifer

Y'know, I'm not really sure what's up with my screen name. It's pretty bland, though... just like me!

nat

Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

necromancer
   –noun
      1. one who practices necromancy (a method of divination through communication with the dead; black art).

Which really means nothing.  More importantly, Necromancer is a PCE game, a sci-fi book from the sixties, and a song by Rush (the awesomest Canuck band evah!).  Plus, it's a combo of NEC and romancer..... meaning I like to have sex with Turbobs or something.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Joe Redifer

Quote from: TatsujinTatsujin, coz am  :wink:
You're the living embodiment of Truxton?

Alt-Nintega

South Bronx where I was raised at growing up and the area code.

BlackandBlue

My wife and I, up until recently, both had Acura RSX's.  Her's is black, mine was blue.  Before we met we both had Chevy Berettas.  Mine was black and her's was blue.  I picked the name when I used to go on car forums a lot and couldn't think of anything better.  It just stuck since then.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

1980-20..

1980 is the year i was born and unless something radical happens in the world of medicine then i will die in a year beginning 20 but i don't know which one yet so there are two dots.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: 1980-20.. on 11/05/2010, 06:25 PM1980 is the year i was born and unless something radical happens in the world of medicine then i will die in a year beginning 20 but i don't know which one yet so there are two dots. 
thats pretty hardcore right there
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 11/05/2010, 12:19 AMI got the name by respelling Archon.  I still don't know the proper pronunciation of that game anyway.
I had a disk copy of Archon for my Atari 800... never understood it fully, but it was still a very fun little game!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Starfighter

blueraven

"Blues Is the Healer."

- John Lee Hooker

"I got a Little Red Rooster, too lazy to crow for day."

- Howlin' Wolf

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/05/2010, 05:50 AMTatsujin, coz am  :wink:
CAW :mrgreen:

henrycsc

Yeah, that is pretty hardcore there....  I should change mine to 1970...Turbo...20..

Mine's my name, and SC since I live in South Carolina (oh the shame!)

Quote from: guest on 11/05/2010, 07:15 PM
Quote from: 1980-20.. on 11/05/2010, 06:25 PM1980 is the year i was born and unless something radical happens in the world of medicine then i will die in a year beginning 20 but i don't know which one yet so there are two dots. 
thats pretty hardcore right there
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Opethian

CAW!!!
I am inhabitant from the city of the moon from The Sunbird
IMG

Colossus1574

Quote from: henrycsc on 11/07/2010, 11:49 AMYeah, that is pretty hardcore there....  I should change mine to 1970...Turbo...20..

Mine's my name, and SC since I live in South Carolina (oh the shame!)
Go Hurricanes!  8) I'm quite jealous you guys have the "Storm Squad!"  =P~
We only have ice cleaner girls for Canucks' games.

henrycsc

See... another reason to be ashamed.... they are in North Carolina.  LOL

I need to move.  Ceti, is it cold up there?
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

_Paul

Sunteam is what my friends and I called ourselves when we started to work on Amiga projects. I've tried to keep the name alive even though it's pretty much just me now. The name kind of derived from Sunsoft (which I first know from City Hunter on the PCE) and, probably, Wolf Team. One of our original logos used an S ripped off of PCE Hellfire-S.

Colossus1574

Quote from: guest on 11/20/2010, 12:26 PMThe name kind of derived from Sunsoft (which I first know from City Hunter on the PCE) and, probably, Wolf Team. One of our original logos used an S ripped off of PCE Hellfire-S.
For real??? You never played hits like BlasterMaster or Batman for the NES??? I think these 2 would predate the perverted adventures of Ryo Saeba!  :mrgreen:

JoshTurboTrollX

1999-2007 turbo_Sage/turbosage - turbo cause I like the turbo, and sage cause the frog dude in the woods told me he was the 'sage in the woods'.

In 2007/2008 ish I changed it to JoshTurboTrollX-16 all because I was working on a movie that was supposed to be the third in the 'turbomadness' trilogy/saga/epic...lawl.  I had basically made a movie with at the time was some pretty cool effects of a dude getting sucked into the dreamcast game phatasy star online.  In this movie I ran around in a digital world and spoke with other people trying to get back to the real world... etc etc...

Then after a few weeks or work I lost all of the info on a HDD that went corrupt (I couldn't even recover the edited/raw footage using linux).  So the movie never happened.... but I just left the name.  the movie was to be called JoshTurboTrollX-16 Online.  TSO --- PSO... get it?  lol

but yeah, I never had the urge to start that over from scratch... maybe someday.

On youtube/twitter I'm shubibinman cause it's one of my favorite game franchises on the pce/turbo

on saturn.uk forums I'm scud... again.  One of my favorite saturn characters.  Love the comics too ;)

oh on eGay I'm gamescapeonline, cause years ago I started a game shop called GamEscape and gamescapeonline was to be my online store er something....

I think that is all.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

hashiriya1

When I lived in Japan I was really into the hashiriya (racing) culture, so that is my username. On the weekends my friends and I would do runs at the track or on the mountain roads of Miyagi, Iwate, and Yamagata prefectures.  I had a GBD WRX STi and an R32 GT-R. I am still into it, but I am going towards the "bippu" aspect of the tuner culture.  I added the "ichi" at the end because I like the movie Koroshiya Ichi (Ichi the Killer)

TR0N

Quote from: Starfighter on 11/06/2010, 05:17 PMMine doesn't mean anything, it's just my name.
Funny i thought your nickname was related to this classic 80's flim jk.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Colossus1574

Quote from: hashiriya1 on 11/22/2010, 10:11 PMWhen I lived in Japan I was really into the hashiriya (racing) culture, so that is my username. On the weekends my friends and I would do runs at the track or on the mountain roads of Miyagi, Iwate, and Yamagata prefectures. 
Dude....you sound like a regular Takumi! u don't deliver tofu on the side do you?  :D  Man, you guys are so lucky with all those crazy mountain downhills....a drifter's dream  [-o&lt;

Duo_R

Duo-R....I wanted one ever since I saw pictures of it in VG&CE back in the day. It looked so friggin awesome. I finally picked one up two years ago and it has become my favorite system.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

hashiriya1

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 11/23/2010, 03:46 AM
Quote from: hashiriya1 on 11/22/2010, 10:11 PMWhen I lived in Japan I was really into the hashiriya (racing) culture, so that is my username. On the weekends my friends and I would do runs at the track or on the mountain roads of Miyagi, Iwate, and Yamagata prefectures. 
Dude....you sound like a regular Takumi! u don't deliver tofu on the side do you?  :D  Man, you guys are so lucky with all those crazy mountain downhills....a drifter's dream  [-o&lt;
It's nothing like Initial D, haha. There are no trash talkers or tofu delivery guys. All just guys like you and me doing what we love. We aren't really into drift, just grip. The drifting guys use a different mountain. The rule is, don't drift on a grip road, and don't grip on a drift road. They are two different cultures. Grippers aren't really fond of drifters , and drifters, well, they are all high school kids with unpaid dues.

DragonmasterDan

I was part of a Lunar message board in 1996 or so that was attached to a Sega Saturn fansite. Rather than just post Dan I added the Dragonmaster to the front, I've been using it ever since.

Sometime around 6 or 7 years ago, some Pokemon loving kid in England started using my screen name as well :(

But he generally puts a space between the Dragonmaster and Dan which I do not.
--DragonmasterDan

_Paul

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 11/22/2010, 01:56 AM
Quote from: guest on 11/20/2010, 12:26 PMThe name kind of derived from Sunsoft (which I first know from City Hunter on the PCE) and, probably, Wolf Team. One of our original logos used an S ripped off of PCE Hellfire-S.
For real??? You never played hits like BlasterMaster or Batman for the NES??? I think these 2 would predate the perverted adventures of Ryo Saeba!  :mrgreen:
NES wasn't very popular in the UK. It was pretty much the poor man's Master System.