Thanksgiving Freebie! Winner Drawn!!!

Started by BlueBMW, 11/06/2010, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

A winner has been drawn in the legendary Sapphire freebie!  We had 23 entrants to this raffle!

And the winner is....

Obfuscate!!!

Congratulations!  And thanks to all that entered!

/SaphRaff.jpg

So what do I have to be thankful for?  Well lots of things....

My job: Pays for a lot of Obey
My folks: Giving me a place to stay while I go back to school (and Obey)
My TG/PCE Collection: Which now outnumbers any other single system I own besides maybe PC games.
The pcenginefx community: Which has turned out to be a vibrant, interesting, and all around friendly lot of good folks!  (with a few quirks and lulz added in for spice)

So, what does all that have to do with a freebie?  Well, there seems to be a problem in the picture below...

/SapphireInRough.jpg

So what's the problem?!??!  Lots of good games there!!  But.... what's this???  There are TWO Sapphires???? What ever shall I do with that spare one?!?!

Give it away of course!!!   But there's a catch... you gotta post what you're thankful for in order to be added to the raffle!  So tell us all what you're thankful for this year and Sapphire could be coming your way as an early Christmas present!

Drawing to be held the evening of Thanksgiving (US holiday, so for those not in the USA, its November 25th!)

Entrants:

Duo_R
geralds
rag-time4
blueraven
chany60126
Arkhan
Obfuscate
TheClash603
bartre
csgx1
GameFreak
DesmondThe3rd
Gogan
Frank_fjs
Marll
Sparky
JoshTurboTrollX-16
TGX16
spenoza
mrhaboobi
Official Ninja
Saibot
Ceti Alpha

And just to clarify, this is not the REAL deal, but one of the ol bootlegger copies.  Great for Obeying without breaking the bank!

It is sealed, but you had better open it and play it!

/SapphireFreebie.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Opethian

IMG

Duo_R

Super cool! I am thankful for my beautiful wife and my two boys. My job that allows me to support them and that i am playing soccer again!    
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

geralds

Thanks full that video games are made and played

henrycsc

I'm thankful that there are super generous, albeit somewhat insane, people in the world.   :P

I already have the Sapphire, and thanks to you someone else will too.  A couple of those games look familiar...  :)

If you keep raising this bar, I'd like to go ahead and sign up for the PAC-N10 giveaway next year!  :lol:
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

rag-time4

Wow BMW awesome giveaway! Thank you for giving us incentive to pause and reflect a bit on ourselves.

Firstly, I'm thankful to God for providing guidance that has motivated me to be more health conscious, and for blessing me with family and friends who really care about me and who have often done so much to help me. I'm thankful also for said friends and family always being there for me.

blueraven

I'm thankful for family, friends, an awesome forum to post on, excellent schooling and good professors.

I'm also thankful for the Blues, as in the genre of Music, and all of the musicians that have been keeping the tradition alive. :mrgreen:

Quote from: henrycsc on 11/06/2010, 11:39 AMI'm thankful that there are super generous, albeit somewhat insane, people in the world.   :P
Seconded! :wink:

chany60126

I am thankful for having parents that are very supportive of me and have helped pay for my college tuition. I also appreciate my bosses at work who are very understanding and are always willing to adjust my work schedule so that I can work on homework or study.

I am also thankful for becoming a member of this great forum. I have met awesome people here (and in person) who are very passionate about gaming. I have learned so much about the Turbografx and PC Engine, I can't help but get drawn in into this wonderful world. The comradery and generousity among a lot of us is strong, I do honestly get the sense of community, unlike other gaming forums on the net. I especially want to give a special shout out to Chop5, who revived my Turbo Duo replacing by replacing many faulty capacitors. 

rag-time4

Quote from: chany60126 on 11/06/2010, 03:34 PMI especially want to give a special shout out to Chop5, who revived my Turbo Duo replacing by replacing many faulty capacitors. 
Chop5 saved my Duo as well after my crude attampt fell flat!

BlueBMW

Quote from: henrycsc on 11/06/2010, 11:39 AMI'm thankful that there are super generous, albeit somewhat insane, people in the world.   :P

If you keep raising this bar, I'd like to go ahead and sign up for the PAC-N10 giveaway next year!  :lol:
Haha!  Who's insane? :P

Also, Ope, you want in on this?  Even though its not for Cotton?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Arkhan Asylum

I'm thankful for people like you who give out free stuff to people.

and, I am thankful that I was lucky enough to have parents growing up that weren't total tools.  Otherwise I'd probably never be as awesome as I am today.  I was the only kid with NES, Genesis, SNES AND TG-16 all by 1992.  I was the shit.  I still am! :D

ADD ME TO THE RAFFLE.

GO GO GO.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Obfuscate

Thankful for my wife, kids and health. Also to be able to collect and play the turbos.

Enter me in please.

1980-20..

I'm thankful i wasn't born in the US of heyyyyy. :-"

TheClash603

I am thankful for all that people are willing to look past my obnoxiousness and not hate me all of the time...  takes a hell of a loving family and gf to do that!  Also thankful for all of the guys out there who have/are making games for me to enjoy, the best hobby on Earth.

Blue is THE MAN!  Win or lose, I don't "know" anyone else as generous as you.

BlueBMW

Quote from: 1980-20.. on 11/07/2010, 04:58 PMI'm thankful i wasn't born in the US of heyyyyy. :-"
:lol:  As much as I love the USA... sometimes.... ](*,)

Did you want in?

1980-20..

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/07/2010, 05:08 PM
Quote from: 1980-20.. on 11/07/2010, 04:58 PMI'm thankful i wasn't born in the US of heyyyyy. :-"
:lol:  As much as I love the USA... sometimes.... ](*,)

Did you want in?
Id only try and sell it if you gave it to me, so let someone else have a shot.  :D

bartre

I'm thankful for my job, which i love, and pays me well enough, and for my family/girlfriend, who support me in more ways than one.

and for PCEFX!

also, I'd love to get in on this, and therefore have a reason for an arcade card.

csgx1

Wow, another great giveaway!  Makes me thankful for Sapphire bootlegs.:D  Really generous.  Someone is gonna be super happy this holiday. 

I'm very thankful for my health, my wife and a baby on the way.  Also thankful for unemployment benefits since I lost my job. 

I would love to get on the list if possible.

Mathius

Once again the Blue Beemer's heart flows through his fingers, and coats the forum in sea of OBEY. I don't want in since Beemer and me scored our bootlegged copies in the same week. But, I will say that I am grateful for all the great members here in our little community. We really are truly blessed to have one another.

GameFreak

I am thankful for my health  [-o&lt;  which should be worse considering my medical problems I've had for almost a decade. Every day really seems like another chance and I don't go a waking morning without realizing that.

Also thankful for family and friends, good music, good food.

....And thankful for- working capacitors, working pixels, retro games, retrogaming communities.  :mrgreen:

DesmondThe3rd

I'm thankful for my family, friends, and fans of underrated Turbografx that still keep this system alive.

Please enter me, I heard so many great things about this game! :)

Gogan

I'm thankful that Blue is generous enough to give away a copy of Sapphire, bootleg or not!
Nothin beats the real thing.

NecroPhile

I'm full of thanks for my loving family and cadre o' friends, and I'm thankful to have a decent job that keeps me in beer, Skittles, and OBEY.  I'm doubly thankful for pr0n and for PCEFX and its lulz.  Finally, I'm thankful that I already have a Sapphire booty and for the generosity of peeps like bimmer spreading the PCE love far and wide.  Good luck to y'all; I hope this copy goes to a loving home that'll truly appreciate it.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Frank_fjs

I'm thankful to all the super smart Japanese people that have designed and created all the retro consoles that I love. I'm also thankful for life, death and the universe... and the fact that this game will go to someone more worthy than I :D. I'm additionally thankful for the fact that if it doesn't, BlueBMW will post my freebie to Australia 8).

Marll

I'm thankful for the best job I've ever had that also pays well, my wife and son, and that my TG16 is still going strong since 1989!
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

Sparky

wow blue, what an amazing & generous give away.... count me in as well as i am very thankfull...

Thankful for my beautiful wife and 2 little girls, my friends who are always there for me and my health that got me throw a bad spot in my life.
And I am thankful for the little things... like my stupid little dog, the girl with the great ass at my work, playing video games with my little girl and the taste of a great bottle of red!!! :) amen!!!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

I am thankful for my beautiful wife and kids, and amazing parents that are supportive and forgiving!!  Thankful for my vision, my health, my profession, and my hands.  I'm also thankful for having trolls and assholes on the net and in the real world.   For without them I might not see how awesome my friends and loved ones truly are so clearly.

I'm thankful to NecroPhile for bringing back the PCFX secret santa this year!

I am also thankful for the extreme generousness being shown by the starter(s) of these 'freebie' threads.  It really is freaking amazing!

:)  am i in?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

Updated the list of entrants.  Check and make sure I didn't miss you!  I think I got everyone so far though.

RoyVegas

I'm not wanting to be entered as I already have one but I'd like to throw out some thanks anyway.

Thanks to my kids for keeping me grounded (without you I am nothing). Thanks to my family who has always been there for me, thick and thin.  Thanks to my ex-wife for her mistakes, because if I was still in a relationship with her, my life would suck.
All is well. :)

BlueBMW

Quote from: RoyVegas on 11/08/2010, 06:36 PMThanks to my ex-wife for her mistakes, because if I was still in a relationship with her, my life would suck. 
:lol:  Well put.

TGX16

I'm thankful for...this! Look around you... SEE!! REALY SEE!! There is a real world out there... I'm a part of it, You are part of it, We are... Thats deep man...take another snort and shut the f@ck up!

OR!!

I'm thankful for my family, this forum, My NEC-collection (Watch it grow on Facebook "Per HÃ¥kansson" only friends can look so ask.)I'm thankful for my new car (Realy needed one) I'm thankful for my work and not living in a country at war.
I'm thankful for computers that breakdown (so I can fix'em for a small fee and buy videogames for that dough)!

Did I mention I'm thankful for the "F@ck ebay club" ?

And yes I'm in!!!

blueraven

TGX16, Watching your avatar makes me instantly laugh my ass off. Every Time.

BlueBMW

Quote from: blueraven on 11/09/2010, 06:04 PMTGX16, Watching your avatar makes me instantly laugh my ass off. Every Time.
I'll second that! :lol:

TGX16

Quote from: blueraven on 11/09/2010, 06:04 PMTGX16, Watching your avatar makes me instantly laugh my ass off. Every Time.
Thank you Thank you *taking a bow*

(Everyone loves a sucker getting stomped in the groin)  :lol:

spenoza

I am thankful for my wife. She's awesome and sometimes I feel like I don't deserve her.

guyjin

I'm not signing up (I gots mine) but I just wanted to say you're awesome for doing this.

mrhaboobi

Well i have alot to be thankful for, but the main thing is i'm thankful that Christchurch, NZ escaped alot of damage during the 7.1 earthquake we had just a few weeks ago. I'm thankful that our house doesnt still have raw sewerage floating in the gutters and that it didnt collapse on my wife and i and managed to stay fairly much together ( but still might need to be knocked down to repair).. In general for such a large earthquake we have come out fairly well, still lots of unknowns, issues and aftershocks though ( which are fucking freaky ).. But at least we have a house with services ( unlike some of those that have lost everything)

Of course if your not looking for "Real" meaningful "thankfuls", then im "thankful" my collection came out pretty much undamaged during the quake aswell.
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

BlueBMW

Ok updated the list again!  If you're name is not on there and you want it to be, please let me know!!

henrycsc

I think we're all thankful that you guys are ok!  Good to hear from you, and hopefully once things are back in order, you'll be obeying full speed again.

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 11/15/2010, 08:17 PMWell i have alot to be thankful for, but the main thing is i'm thankful that Christchurch, NZ escaped alot of damage during the 7.1 earthquake we had just a few weeks ago. I'm thankful that our house doesnt still have raw sewerage floating in the gutters and that it didnt collapse on my wife and i and managed to stay fairly much together ( but still might need to be knocked down to repair).. In general for such a large earthquake we have come out fairly well, still lots of unknowns, issues and aftershocks though ( which are fucking freaky ).. But at least we have a house with services ( unlike some of those that have lost everything)

Of course if your not looking for "Real" meaningful "thankfuls", then im "thankful" my collection came out pretty much undamaged during the quake aswell.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

blueraven

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 11/15/2010, 08:17 PMWell i have alot to be thankful for, but the main thing is i'm thankful that Christchurch, NZ escaped alot of damage during the 7.1 earthquake we had just a few weeks ago. I'm thankful that our house doesnt still have raw sewerage floating in the gutters and that it didnt collapse on my wife and i and managed to stay fairly much together ( but still might need to be knocked down to repair).. In general for such a large earthquake we have come out fairly well, still lots of unknowns, issues and aftershocks though ( which are fucking freaky ).. But at least we have a house with services ( unlike some of those that have lost everything)

Seriously, good luck with the rebuilding, and I wish you all the best.

mrhaboobi

Thanks guys for the thoughts :)  have to say we are much better off than many here.. rebuilding is kinda exciting if that happens, otherwise lots of repairs to do ..  anyways on with the topic :)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

Official Ninja

I'm thankful that even though my son is autistic (and a lot of work) he is able to love. Not all families with autistic children are this lucky.

Count me in. :)

NecroPhile

I'm thankful that I haven't been challenged the way some of you have.  Best of luck, gentlemen.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Saibot

I am thankful for sex. Each and every single one of us owes our existence to sex. They lied to you in school! Sex is your friend! Thank you, sex.

GameFreak

BlueBMW

Since there will only be one winner... I wonder if enough were interested if maybe Tobias would do a group buy discount or something...  Guess we'll see after the contest.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Saibot on 11/16/2010, 09:20 PMI am thankful for sex. Each and every single one of us owes our existence to sex. They lied to you in school! Sex is your friend! Thank you, sex.
can he just get the game by default now?  =D&gt;
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

chany60126

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/16/2010, 09:26 PMSince there will only be one winner... I wonder if enough were interested if maybe Tobias would do a group buy discount or something...  Guess we'll see after the contest.
That is a great idea beamer.  :)

Saibot

turbostar does bring up a good point...

...i was never much good at writing essays, but I was hell at video games growing up.

BlueBMW

Its almost that time!  Later on today I'll be doing the drawing for the free Sapphire!  Anyone else who wants to join in had better join in quick!