PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

What Are Some Good Turbografx/PC Engine Podcasts?

Started by chany60126, 11/09/2010, 12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chany60126

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys know of any good podcasts out there on the net related to the Turbografx/PC Engine.

I'll start by plugging 2 very good ones that I have listened to.

The first one is episode 2 from the All-Gen Gamers Podcast series. It is headed by Johnny Milennium aka The Happy Console Gamer, but Chris Bucci from Turbo Views makes a guest appearance! They do an excellent job touching upon the different platforms from the PC Engine all the way up to the Arcade CD platform. They discuss the reasons why the turbob didn't do so well here in the states. The guys go around talking about their favorite turbo games. Top Notch stuff, I higly recommend this one. You can find them on iTunes or here:
http://www.allgengamers.com/home/2010/8/11/episode-2-turbo-grafx-16-pc-engine-everything-you-want-to-kn.html

The second one I want to mention is episode 75 from the Retronauts podcast. This episode also chronicles the history of the console, although not as in depth as the All-Gens podcast. I did get a few lulz when they referred to the Turbo Booster as the Turbo Blaster! :lol: They too talk about their favorite games, epscecially the Working Designs ones. One very interesting note was that they talked about the history of the Kisado converter. I was pretty surprised to hear about its origins. I don't want to give it away. You can find them on iTunes or here:
http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3156908

Both of these podcasts are well worth listening to. So what are some other good turbob podcasts? I need some motivation in order for me to go for a jog.  :)

NecroPhile

Check out fellow member sunteam_paul's Wibble chip tunes (not PCE specific) and his PC Engine City episodes.  Fantastic stuff that'll make your ears cry tears of joy.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tablet

Oh Destructoid's RetroForceGo! did TG16 too, episode 34 which can be found here. Though I would recommend starting the podcast from episode 1 and listen to them all, they may not be factually right all the time but the episodes ooze nostalgia especially for the NES and you can tell everyone on the podcast are friends in real life, the banter is second to none.

MotherGunner

Don't forget PC Engine City by Sunteam Paul
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Mathius

Quote from: MotherGunner on 11/09/2010, 11:46 PMDon't forget PC Engine City by Sunteam Paul
-1 for not completely reading the posts. :P

MotherGunner

Yeah don't know how I missed Necro's post.  Mea Culpa.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

_Paul

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 11/11/2010, 04:24 PMI'm not complaining ;P
Your stuff needs plugged as much as possible. :) Wibble is highly recommended to any fan of retro-gaming.

_Paul

Quote from: Mathius on 11/11/2010, 06:41 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/11/2010, 04:24 PMI'm not complaining ;P
Your stuff needs plugged as much as possible. :) Wibble is highly recommended to any fan of retro-gaming.
I'm excited for the next episode I've put together. It's a bit special.

chany60126

I just started listening to Wibble episode 1, incredible stuff!! I was really captivated by the opening tune. It is so catchy and delightful to listen to. Tim Follin is one of my favorite video game music composers. The soundtrack he did for Plok on the SNES is something that just needs to be experienced. Paul if you are reading this, it would be awesome if you could feature Plok's soundtrack in a future episode, it is a masterpiece.

I tried to download the PC Engine City Podcast from the link that NecroPhile provided above, but the download link is dead.

_Paul

Try the links at the end of this thread: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=4031.0

I'll look into Plok for a future show.