OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Christmas Freebie!!! Winner drawn!!!

Started by BlueBMW, 11/26/2010, 07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

Winner has been drawn!  We had 25 entrants total, and of those 25 the one lucky winner is...... 

1980-20..

Congrats!!!!

/raffle.jpg

Ahh the holidays... a time for giving... a time for receiving... a time for obeying...

I'll keep it short and sweet this time :P  I've got a US duo with a region mod switch, so basically it will play anything I want to play!  As a result, I have this other piece of hardware that sadly gets no love anymore...  so it needs a new home!

So, here's the freebie....

A PC Engine Core Grafx I console
Original NEC A/C Adapter
Original NEC A/V Cable
Original NEC PI-PD6 Controller
A Tennokoe Bank 2 add on unit
A random PC Engine hucard :P

So, to enter.... tell us the coolest thing you ever got for Christmas (or whichever holiday you choose to observe)

Entrants:

Frank_fjs
ceti alpha
TheClash603
christoph
jperryss
bartre
geralds
Gogan
Duo_R
JoshTurboTrollX-16
chany60126
Necromancer
nectarsis
Joe Redifer
Arkhan
Starfighter
Official Ninja
finerion
turbografxfan
MotherGunner
1980-20..
Mathius
csgx1
blueraven
Saibot

I think I'll do the drawing Saturday December 11th so that hopefully this can get to someone by Christmas!

/coregfx.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Frank_fjs

I'm in. I would love to have a Core Grafx!

I reckon the coolest thing I got for Xmas was my Scalectrix kit. Mum remarried and this was the biggest and most expensive present that I had ever received, it was from my new Dad so he got in the good books straight away!

You're crazy generous BlueBMW, I like it. :D

Ceti Alpha

Sign me up. :)

You really get into the Christmas season, eh beamler. :D

Edit: I forgot to tell my story. hehe  :-"

Well, my Christmases where I received my NES and the Turbografx were pretty memorable. But my first real Christmas memory was in Ontario when I was really little, four or five I think, and Santa...I mean my parents...bought me a wagon. I was a little kid and had a thing about wagons. lol. It was obviously too big to put under the tree so they had to put it in the basement. They walked me down to the basement and there it was with a big red bow on it. I was a pretty happy kid. I will say one thing: they don't make 'em like they used to. Throughout the years my brother and I put that wagon through some serious punishment. We would street cart with that thing going down hills, sometimes wiping out. But I still have it and it's in great shape. Some of the paint on the sides is scratched off the wood panels on the side, but overall she's tiptop. I may have to take her out for a spin.  :lol:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

TheClash603

Wow, count me in too!

When I was a kid my family never had much, so it amazes me to no end that I had all those He-Men and Ghostbuster toys under the tree.

christoph

Damn dude, you keep giving away awesome stuff  O:)

EDIT:

I don't know why I didn't put this in the first place. After reconsideration this is definitely my best xmas present:

I use to play my uncle's Sega Genesis all the time when I was at my grandparents house and of course always wanted one. Xmas day comes, upon opening my last gift under the tree, its a Sega Genesis! I begin to open the box to pull out the console inside....low and behold..its filled with clothes. I look at my mom and she says "its your uncles old genesis box we used it for clothes" I'm thinking to myself WTF!?

Everyone is done opening gifts we proceed to have xmas breakfast...................then my mom busts out the genesis console and packing from the closet!

Yee.

jperryss

The coolest gift was probably the BMX bike I got when I was 11. The previous summer my dad and I had restored a nice Mongoose which was promptly stolen from a friends house just a month later, so it was great to have a new bike to ride.

Also, it is awesome that you are doing these giveaways!

bartre

count me IN!
seriously blue, how can you keep doing this, i mean, it's awesome, but damn!

I never really got any one item that was super expensive or anything, i always had to save and pay for it myself(parental orders).
but still, i've got some neat stuff, probably the best being the Time Crisis 3 bundle from best buy that i got for christmas when i was like 14, still play the thing.
that, or the birthday present when i was 6, it was this plastic castle that went to some action figure set i never cared about.
My x-men had all kinds of battles in that place.

geralds

The coolest thing iv goten is a super nintendo when i was little hell that the shit when your little.

Gogan

Coolest thing I got was SF2 CE for PCE with a Kisado and 2 Avenue 6 pads! Too bad I had an American TG, and couldn't play with the Ave. pads  ](*,)  , but still
Nothin beats the real thing.

Duo_R

Coolest Christmas ever for me was when I was like 4. My dad bought a large Lego train set while we were in Germany and hid it when we arrived back. Christmas morning there was a Lego train going round and round the kitchen counter, with cookies and treats in the middle. That still sticks in my mind vividly, and my parent took a photo of me looking at it in full amazement. Cool thing is I still have that old lego set and going to do the same for my 5 year old this year.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Duo_R on 11/28/2010, 06:54 PMCoolest Christmas ever for me was when I was like 4. My dad bought a large Lego train set while we were in Germany and hid it when we arrived back. Christmas morning there was a Lego train going round and round the kitchen counter, with cookies and treats in the middle. That still sticks in my mind vividly, and my parent took a photo of me looking at it in full amazement. Cool thing is I still have that old lego set and going to do the same for my 5 year old this year.
=D&gt;
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Sign me up Beemler!

The best christmas gift I can remember would have to be video game related.  It'd either be one of my first xmas memories (1984, getting a Tandy Color Computer 2 console/computer with Color baseball and Downland.) or my last childhood xmas memory (1996, I was to turn 18 the following year so my parents said they'd like to get me something big for my last christmas before adulthood.  The offered me an N64, but I told them a couple Turbografx games would do just fine :D :D, my mom wound up ordering me Terraforming, Fatal Fury Special, an Arcade Card, Kisado Adapter, Ys IV, and Battle Royale.)  Got it all from TZD on an xmas special.   I'm still not sure what she paid for it all, but she said it was WAAYY cheaper than an N64 and one game....

LOL-
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

chany60126

My favorite gift was christmas of '92 when I got my very first system: the SNES.  The graphics and gameplay just blew me away, especially when I compared it to the NES at the time. I played the heck out of Super Mario Kart and Super Mario World which came bundled with the system. This wasn't quite obey, but hey. The SNES was the gateway that led me to the turbob.  :)

NecroPhile

Sign me up, bimmer!  Having a PCE would be great - then I wouldn't have to fuck around with the converter as much, leaving it for Arcade Card duty only.

I have two Christmas stories that stand out: first, I snagged a GameBoy shortly after launch but sadly didn't have enough money to get any extra games, so I played the fuck out of Tetris and a buddies copy of Alleyway until the following Christmas when I received Castlevania - The Adventure, Baseball, and Super Mario Land; second, I was given Cosmic Fantasy 2, Fighting Street, and It Came From the Desert the first Christmas after getting a TurboDuo.  As great as the pack-in games were, it was definitely nice to add some variety.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Sin me up!! :)

Best Christmas story....Was probably the year my (ex) wife went out and nabbed me like a half dozen PS1 games.  As hard as she tried she got like 2 right, and she felt so bad, but she REALLY tried to remember the games without asking LOL.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Joe Redifer

I'll enter this one.

One of my coolest Christmases was the one that happened after The Empire Strikes Back was originally released.  I wanted an AT-AT.  I got up Christmas morning and after we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and he blew out his candles, it was time for presents (for me, Jesus got none).  Under the tree was an AT-AT from Kenner fully assembled that Santa brought.  AWESOME!  I was so excited.  Then I opened the other presents including one HUGE box.  It was another AT-AT!  My parents were pissed at whoever got me another AT-AT, but I was so happy to have two.  What was kind of funny was that was the year I learned there was no Santa.

BlueBMW

Haha, that's pretty funny Joe.  There's nothing worse than when someone else matches your big gift to someone :P  But sounds like it worked out great for you!

List updated!  If I missed you, please let me know!!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

geralds

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/29/2010, 04:06 PMI'll enter this one.

One of my coolest Christmases was the one that happened after The Empire Strikes Back was originally released.  I wanted an AT-AT.  I got up Christmas morning and after we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and he blew out his candles, it was time for presents (for me, Jesus got none).  Under the tree was an AT-AT from Kenner fully assembled that Santa brought.  AWESOME!  I was so excited.  Then I opened the other presents including one HUGE box.  It was another AT-AT!  My parents were pissed at whoever got me another AT-AT, but I was so happy to have two.  What was kind of funny was that was the year I learned there was no Santa.
were you this excited when you got your at-at.

BlueBMW

I bout died watching that one :lol:

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Starfighter

Whoa! I'm SO in!

Coolest thing I got for christmas was PS1 + Final Fantasy 7 back in the day. I had no idea what to expect, I only knew 2D/sprites. It blew my mind!

Official Ninja

I want in too! I would LOVE that system.

Coolest thing I ever got for Christmas was freaking huge Shogun Warrior Dragun action figure!
Bad ass!!! My brother got the other guy that was blue and shot ninja stars. We hurled axes and stars at each other ALL Christmas day. It was awesome.

IMG

blueraven

1991?, Under the tree was a Sega Genesis with Quackshot and Kid Chameleon IN THE BOX FROM SAM'S CLUB. The only system I had as a kid other than a Gameboy which my friends older brother dropped into a swimming pool a week after I bought it new.

The lack of removing the Sam's-Club box made me instantly realize Santa was a sham.

termis

I was around 5 or so -- it was the only white Christmas I had.  My grandparents I guess were too excited themselves to keep me sleeping, because they woke me up around dawn, telling me that Santa had come and dropped off some presents.  I recall it was some hot-wheels type cars and just some snacks/cookies and stuff.  Though I wasn't quite jaded enough to believe that Santa wasn't real just yet, I do recall thinking, "Geez, Santa's writing looks a lot like my grandpas!"

Though it's awesome of you for the freebie, the goods can go to someone else as I already have all the PCE-ware I'm going to need.

finerion

Awesome contest Blue. Count me in!

The coolest Christmas I ever had was back in either 1987 or 88. I woke up in the middle of the night and, in the dark, made my way to the living room where the Christmas Tree stood. I could tell by the moonlight that there was something new under the tree but I couldn't make out what it was. I turned on a lamp nearby and almost yelled in excitement. Arrayed around the other presents beneath the tree, in proper military formation, were row upon row of GI Joe and Star Wars action figures. To one side there was a fully assembled Ewok Village with a Y-Wing and B-Wing nearby. On the other side were Joe and Cobra tanks and Jeeps. It was the biggest batch of toys I had ever received at once and I wanted to play with them right then. Unfortunately my mom busted me and I had to go back to bed.

For years thereafter I spent countless hours playing with those guys and having all types of adventures with them. It wasn't until I was older that I learned where they came from. My sister had spent the better part of a month's pay from working part time at a fast food joint to buy all of that stuff for me. She never made a fuss about it or even brought it up, she just got on the floor and played and had fun with me. That was the best Christmas that I have ever had.
Check out new episodes of The Alfred Effect.

turbogrfxfan

"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: finerion on 12/05/2010, 09:17 PMAwesome contest Blue. Count me in!

The coolest Christmas I ever had was back in either 1987 or 88. I woke up in the middle of the night and, in the dark, made my way to the living room where the Christmas Tree stood. I could tell by the moonlight that there was something new under the tree but I couldn't make out what it was. I turned on a lamp nearby and almost yelled in excitement. Arrayed around the other presents beneath the tree, in proper military formation, were row upon row of GI Joe and Star Wars action figures. To one side there was a fully assembled Ewok Village with a Y-Wing and B-Wing nearby. On the other side were Joe and Cobra tanks and Jeeps. It was the biggest batch of toys I had ever received at once and I wanted to play with them right then. Unfortunately my mom busted me and I had to go back to bed.

For years thereafter I spent countless hours playing with those guys and having all types of adventures with them. It wasn't until I was older that I learned where they came from. My sister had spent the better part of a month's pay from working part time at a fast food joint to buy all of that stuff for me. She never made a fuss about it or even brought it up, she just got on the floor and played and had fun with me. That was the best Christmas that I have ever had.
I think Finerion should just win automagically for this post.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MotherGunner

Sign me up, the coolest thing and the only thing I remember ever getting was a new Turbo Expess.  My mom bought one for me at the $199 price tag despite the fact that we had very little money.  She also later bought me the TV adapter since ever since I was a small child I had been asking for a pocket TV.  I still have this TE and she always asks me if I still have it, even now at 33 years of age.  I will never ever disappoint her by selling it.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

TGX16

I can't realy remember any specific christmas present from my childhood :(
However I do remember christmas 1990 getting (Do not remember if I bought it my self or getting it as a present) a SEGA Megadrive and Altered Beast pack in game plus one other game (Mystic Defender) wich I played for three days straight beating it only stopping for food and restroom visits, don't even think I slept much :)

BUT I'm not entering in the Draw! I've allready have a boxed Coregrafx so let some one else win this one :D

OldRover

Christmas of 2004, my mother in law got me some very revealing shorts.

I wore them often in the next few months.

In October of 2005, my wife gave birth to our first child.

I'm not sure if this was coincidence. :D
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

1980-20..

Holy poop im in please!.

Errrm coolest Christmas present let me think. The millenium falcon maybe or me Megadrive with sonic but no i think it would have to be the year i got my Zx Spectrum. My introduction to home videgames and a cool as fook kick as micro computer with atribute clash included.

turbogrfxfan

wow thats kinda rought to choose what was the coolest thing i got for christmas.  I guess it was either my bass guitar, my turbo grafx, or the time i got sector action figures.  Or maybe it was my stomper nightrider set, Or maybe when I got robotix or the gi joe cobra dome base thing.  i dunno way to many
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

christoph

Quote from: OldRover on 12/06/2010, 02:34 PMChristmas of 2004, my mother in law got me some very revealing shorts.

I wore them often in the next few months.

In October of 2005, my wife gave birth to our first child.

I'm not sure if this was coincidence. :D
LOL

finerion

Check out new episodes of The Alfred Effect.

Mathius

I'm in!

I was never a more excited little boy then when on Christmas day in 1986 I unwrapped a shiny new Nintendo Entertainment System. Naturally, the first thing I played was Super Mario Bros. That game was immensely fascinating to me then, and there was never anything to have surpassed it. Ever.

Joe Redifer

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/08/2010, 01:20 PMNot even Super Thunderblade on the Genesis?
If you were referring to the arcade version then maybe. Arcade Thunderblade doesn't get enough lovins. :wink:

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/29/2010, 04:06 PMI'll enter this one.

Joe, I gotta tell you that I had an AT-AT Christmas too! It was right after Empire came out, like you, and I unwrapped that huge Kenner box. I think that's the exact moment that I became a geek. :)

I don't think the new ones have that "head control" joystick in the body of the thing anymore. I was hoping that they did. I still have my AT-AT somewhere, but I am sure that the battery connectors are rusted out. :(

csgx1

Count me in if it's not too late.  Wow, Bluebmw's freebies get better and better.  Super generous as always. 

The best xmas present that I remember was Megatron transformers back in the 80s.  I still have it CIB.

Joe Redifer

Oh man, that takes me back.  My second favorite Christmas I received my first Transformers toys EVER, a Megatron and an Optimus Prime, both from my dad.  According to him, neither were able to be found in Denver, but he was able to find them in Colorado Springs which is a bit over an hour away from Denver.  How he found them I do not know, but it begun a very long love affair with the generation 1 Transformers.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/11/2010, 12:15 AMOh man, that takes me back.  My second favorite Christmas I received my first Transformers toys EVER, a Megatron and an Optimus Prime, both from my dad.  According to him, neither were able to be found in Denver, but he was able to find them in Colorado Springs which is a bit over an hour away from Denver.  How he found them I do not know, but it begun a very long love affair with the generation 1 Transformers.
Same here! The 80s versions will always rule what with their die-cast metal, and easily swallowed parts. :) Starscream was always my favorite, along with the Autobot that transformed into a giant F-14. Can't remember his name.

Joe Redifer

I don't remember any F-14's, but maybe you are thinking of Jetfire/Skyfire?  He transformed from white Robotech plane to a white Robotech action figure.  He was made by Bandai instead of Takara.  The exact same people who made him also programmed The Adventures of Gilligan's Island for the NES, that's how awesome Jet/Skyfire was.  I just found my Jet/Skyfire toy the other day and transformed him.  I had forgotten how to do so, but since my mind is so powerful with logic and quantum equations, I was able to figure it out.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/11/2010, 01:49 AMI don't remember any F-14's, but maybe you are thinking of Jetfire/Skyfire?  He transformed from white Robotech plane to a white Robotech action figure.  He was made by Bandai instead of Takara.  The exact same people who made him also programmed The Adventures of Gilligan's Island for the NES, that's how awesome Jet/Skyfire was.  I just found my Jet/Skyfire toy the other day and transformed him.  I had forgotten how to do so, but since my mind is so powerful with logic and quantum equations, I was able to figure it out.
Ha ha! I said F-14 because I remember it having variable-sweep wings. I had no idea it was made by a different company.

csgx1

A friend of mine had Jetfire.  Just hearing about Jetfire/transformers brings back some great memories.  I also had Thundercracker, Grimlock, and Optimus Prime but for some reason Megatron was always my favorite growing up.

1980-20..

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/11/2010, 12:15 AMOh man, that takes me back.  My second favorite Christmas I received my first Transformers toys EVER, a Megatron and an Optimus Prime, both from my dad.  According to him, neither were able to be found in Denver, but he was able to find them in Colorado Springs which is a bit over an hour away from Denver.  How he found them I do not know, but it begun a very long love affair with the generation 1 Transformers.

Your dads not Arnold Schwarzenegger is he. I think they may have made a film about it.

BlueBMW

Ok, we've got 23 entrants!  I went through all the posts and I'm pretty sure I got everyone!  Drawing coming REALLY soon!

Saibot

BlueBMW

chany60126

Ceti Alpha

IMG