@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

URGENT QUESTION: Space Fantasy Zone :REAL or BOOTLEG?

Started by pcefreak, 08/15/2005, 11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcefreak

Anyone has any information on this item?

IMG

:!:  :!:  :?:  :?:  :?:

IMG
Everyone fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself.

Odonadon

Quote from: "pcefreak"Anyone has any information on this item?

IMG

:!:  :!:  :?:  :?:  :?:

IMG

It's real, but an unreleased title (correct me if I'm wrong).

OD

DragonmasterDan

Not necessarily a bootleg, but unlicensed.
--DragonmasterDan

Keranu

I know of a few people that don't seem to like this game, but I love it! If you like Space Harrier, I don't see how it's possible to not like the game really. You even get to visit shops inbetween levels so you can buy all sorts of stuff for your Fantasy Zone ship.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kaminari

Depends on what you mean by real.

The original prototype was a plain CD-R... Everything else is a bootleg :)

Nutribrain

I think it's definitely a bootleg. You can download the game for free on the internet. What this guy has done is to print a nice cover and then sell it. These copies appear on regular basis every month on Yahoo Japan. So, it depends on the price you want to pay for such a version. If you can get it for $50 I would say it's okay, but if you have to pay $300 then I would call it a rip-off.

Right now there's one up for auction on YJ: http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d54996395. This guy want 35,000¥ and it seems that no one is willing to that much for it.

NFERNO1

Why would anyone want to pay $50 for a CDR version of anything? Plenty of people have it (like me, for instance) and rare or not, a CDR is only worth so much.

pcefreak

I thought so.
Thank you everyone for the input.

By the way,  I am new to this site, even though I have surfed through it many, many times before.  

Mine in not a plain hobby, I just love the PC Engine, I am extremely dedicated to it...
Well, I have no idea when I will stop buying, probably when there is nothing else to buy.

May I say long live the PC Engine?, Hell yes.  LONG LIVE THIS AWESOME LITTLE SYSTEM!!!

IMG
Everyone fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself.

OldRover

I actually remember seeing a site not long ago where someone was creating cover art for a few unreleased PCE games...and I believe this was one of them. Actually, this cover art looks very familiar, and I do believe I saw it on the site I'm referring to. I only wish I could remember where it was... :(
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

TR0N

Saturn>Fantasy Zone perfect.

TG16/PCE>Fantasy Zone close.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

dj898

Quote from: "Nutribrain"Right now there's one up for auction on YJ: http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d54996395. This guy want 35,000¥ and it seems that no one is willing to that much for it.

thought illegal substance is banned in Japan?
Maybe not... :p