@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Easy to use HuFlashCard?

Started by BEERS AND VIDEOS, 03/29/2011, 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BEERS AND VIDEOS

I've seen a few here and there for sale, but there never seems to be a simple solution. Either the interface only works with some ancient Windows computer or things just simply don't work for one reason or another. Can anyone recommend a simple, idiot-proof Hu-based flash card?

NecroPhile

The neoflash isn't that hard to get working (if I can manage the task, anyone can), but you'd need access to a Windows PC.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BEERS AND VIDEOS

Hmmm. I have a Mac, but can and do boot up Windows when needed, so maybe I'll check this out. If you know of a trustworthy place to pick one up at a decent price, let me know. Otherwise, I'll sniff around online and see what I can find. Thanks again!

NecroPhile

The official store is likely your only chance for new, but you can always keep your eyes open here for a deal on a used one.

BEERS AND VIDEOS

This thing looks awesome. Just curious, does the save feature act like a TurboBooster Plus?

NecroPhile

Quote from: BEERS AND VIDEOS on 03/30/2011, 09:40 PMJust curious, does the save feature act like a TurboBooster Plus?
I think it's only for games that have save support on the cartridge, which is only the Tennokoe Bank card (Populous lies!); and since Tennokoe Banks are dirt cheap, there ain't much point of spending the extra dough over a non-saving version.

Joe Redifer

The PCE really needs an Everdrive.  An SD cart just slides into a slot and that's that!  Couldn't be easier or better.  Too bad it doesn't exist for the PCE, but I have been campaigning for one.

BEERS AND VIDEOS

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/31/2011, 05:26 PMThe PCE really needs an Everdrive.  An SD cart just slides into a slot and that's that!  Couldn't be easier or better.  Too bad it doesn't exist for the PCE, but I have been campaigning for one.
Agreed, I have an Everdrive for the Genesis and it's incredible. Would even be more awesome if some type of TurboBooster Plus functionality could be built in as well.

Where can we throw our weight around to make this happen?

Arkhan Asylum

The NeoFlash PCE is your best bet.

The bastard is so easy to get going now.

Also, the new NeoManager was done with WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation), so it basically has that ribbonstyle interface of all the M$ products.

So, its shiney and has massive ass buttons that say exactly what to do.

instead of that janky piece of shit from before.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BEERS AND VIDEOS

Quote from: guest on 03/31/2011, 08:52 PMThe NeoFlash PCE is your best bet.

Also, the new NeoManager was done with WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation), so it basically has that ribbonstyle interface of all the M$ products.

So, its shiney and has massive ass buttons that say exactly what to do.

instead of that janky piece of shit from before.
I'm really tempted to pull the trigger. Krikzz has other carts coming up, so I'm betting it'll be a while before the PC Engine gets some Everdrive lovin'. Plus, I do like shiny things and massive buttons...

jasonbar

Krikzz has announced his PC Engine EverDrive (or whatever he ends up calling it), to be released in the first half-ish of next year!

Scroll down about halfway, to post 253, and read on: http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33481&page=13

Thanks,
-Jason

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 03/31/2011, 08:52 PMThe NeoFlash PCE is your best bet.

Was that the flashcart Tototek was selling?
--DragonmasterDan

sheath

Oh man, I am all over that PCE Everdrive.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 03/29/2011, 03:09 PMThe neoflash isn't that hard to get working (if I can manage the task, anyone can), but you'd need access to a Windows PC.
The NeoFlash software has a Mac version. Has anyone tested it with the NeoFlash PCE? 

Not that I'd ever use it on one of those.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mishran

A PCE Everdrive? Sweet! I don't personally own an Everdrive, but I will now! Guess I can stop debating on a NeoFlash cart now and just wait for this. :dance:

nat

Quote from: guest on 10/18/2011, 01:56 AM
Quote from: guest on 03/29/2011, 03:09 PMThe neoflash isn't that hard to get working (if I can manage the task, anyone can), but you'd need access to a Windows PC.
The NeoFlash software has a Mac version. Has anyone tested it with the NeoFlash PCE? 
Since when? I'm 99.9999% sure when I picked up my NeoFlash there was no such thing. If there was, the developers kept it extremely well hidden.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Arkhan Asylum

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=5941.0

I've seen a few other posts on there about it.  I found it on accident to be honest.

I'm not sure how well it works, or if it works at all since the only Apple I have to test on is a IIC, and that isn't going to cut it, lol.

nat

Quote from: guest on 10/19/2011, 10:17 AMI'm not sure how well it works, or if it works at all since the only Apple I have to test on is a IIC, and that isn't going to cut it, lol.
Nice pick on the IIC. I'm a huge fan of the IIC/C+ form factor. I have a IIC+ myself, which is simply the ultimate of the 8-bit Apple II line. As long as you've got the 12" (or is it 13"? I'm too lazy to measure mine) AppleColor //c monitor, that is. Not a fan of those goofy 8 or 9" green monochrome monitors that shipped with the really early IICs.

Thanks for that link, BTW. From the date on that thread it looks like the utility was released well after I got my flash cart.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

spenoza

Quote from: nat on 10/20/2011, 01:13 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 10/19/2011, 10:17 AMI'm not sure how well it works, or if it works at all since the only Apple I have to test on is a IIC, and that isn't going to cut it, lol.
Nice pick on the IIC. I'm a huge fan of the IIC/C+ form factor. I have a IIC+ myself, which is simply the ultimate of the 8-bit Apple II line. As long as you've got the 12" (or is it 13"? I'm too lazy to measure mine) AppleColor //c monitor, that is. Not a fan of those goofy 8 or 9" green monochrome monitors that shipped with the really early IICs.

Thanks for that link, BTW. From the date on that thread it looks like the utility was released well after I got my flash cart.
Had a //c with that green monochrome monitor for years. Played so many games on that. Had an adapter so I could hook it up to a TV for color, but there was some weird artifacting so I played in ectoplasm green. That green monitor would work hooked up to any RF video source. When there was no TV available I'd play with my TG-CD rig attached to the green screen and the audio sent to my Magnavox boom box. Worked OK for me. Same for my NES.