The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Turbo Fest 2011 (VGS)

Started by chany60126, 04/05/2011, 03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshTurboTrollX

I just laugh when people say 'fuckers' !!  LOL, I also dig 'Shit Fer Brains'

As luck would have it, I just happened to exchange conversation with Sean Orange on Twitter (Fucking twitter)  He said they'd love to have TurboFest be a part of GEEK.KON's video game room, and will suggest it at their next meeting!

O_O Turbob Fest's possible third stop of 2011 is in the works!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

majors

Internet says Galloping Ghost has KoFXIII. Now I'm interested in a Friday outing and pay a visit.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

DragonmasterDan

Should we make a list of confirmed attendees from this forum?
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/14/2011, 11:15 AMShould we make a list of confirmed attendees from this forum?
Add Mathius M. Mathius and Ash to teh lists! :D

BlueBMW

Im still planning on coming up.  My dad is going to come with and visit some friends so I may need to hitch a ride if we do anything outside the convention saturday.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

JoshTurboTrollX

I'm bringing the usual gaggle- (Tasha, me, and two sons - age 12 and 10)  the plan as of now is to arrive early Saturday morning and stay the night in hotel.  We should make some plans to do something Saturday night (arcades, gaming, etc), and maybe do a tour of all the good places to find goods in the wild Sunday.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 06/14/2011, 02:17 PMI'm bringing the usual gaggle- (Tasha, me, and two sons - age 12 and 10)  the plan as of now is to arrive early Saturday morning and stay the night in hotel.  We should make some plans to do something Saturday night (arcades, gaming, etc), and maybe do a tour of all the good places to find goods in the wild Sunday.
Sounds good to me.

roflmao

This is so tempting....  I'm trying to come up with a way to make it work. :)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 06/14/2011, 03:18 PMThis is so tempting....  I'm trying to come up with a way to make it work. :)
where you coming from ROLFO?

Any idea as to what happened to 'Roy the Sunderer'?  He was cool as hell last year, but has since disappeared.....

roflmao

I'd be coming from Fayetteville, NC.  It's almost a toss up cost wise driving vs flying...  If I were to drive, I'd lose a day on each end, but could visit a friend in WV on my way.  If I flew, I'd probably want to rent a car....  And me and the wife and kid are going to San Diego for 10 days later that month.  Hard to justify 2 trips in one month. :)

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 06/14/2011, 05:37 PMI'd be coming from Fayetteville, NC.  It's almost a toss up cost wise driving vs flying...  If I were to drive, I'd lose a day on each end, but could visit a friend in WV on my way.  If I flew, I'd probably want to rent a car....  And me and the wife and kid are going to San Diego for 10 days later that month.  Hard to justify 2 trips in one month. :)
Obeying the PC engine sometimes requires sacrifices....  theres no justification needed in this case.  One simply must obey.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

majors

Hey hey, fellow NC head!

When I get up there, I will have no car so I'll be bumming. Lets keep planning.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Mathius

Anyone who needs help getting around town I will have two seats available. I would prefer to have at least one person with me that knows the area.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 06/14/2011, 09:14 PMAnyone who needs help getting around town I will have two seats available. I would prefer to have at least one person with me that knows the area.
I have a small and messy car but we could definitely meet up and then just have cars follow one another so we could travel as a group.
--DragonmasterDan

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/15/2011, 07:40 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/14/2011, 09:14 PMAnyone who needs help getting around town I will have two seats available. I would prefer to have at least one person with me that knows the area.
I have a small and messy car but we could definitely meet up and then just have cars follow one another so we could travel as a group.
a caravan if you will

Keranu

If my brother's wedding isn't on that weekend, I just may be there!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Mathius

Quote from: Keranu on 06/15/2011, 03:29 PMIf my brother's wedding isn't on that weekend, I just may be there!
Cool! :D

guyjin

Quote from: Keranu on 06/15/2011, 03:29 PMIf my brother's wedding isn't on that weekend, I just may be there!
Nasa's getting married?! give him my congrats :)

Keranu

Quote from: guyjin on 06/18/2011, 12:42 PM
Nah not him lol, he's basically unofficially married for life.

Looks like the wedding will be before the 16th, I think I should be available that weekend! I may have a Jungle Bros demo to supply by that time.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

guyjin

Quote from: Keranu on 06/18/2011, 01:04 PM
Quote from: guyjin on 06/18/2011, 12:42 PM
Nah not him lol,
BEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

chany60126

That is awesome Keranu! :) We would love to have you and the demo at the show.

I updated my first post by adding two lists: one for people attending the show for sure and one for people that might attend.

alexsduo

Me thinks I will be at teh convention (I am going to use teh from now on)
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

alexsduo

Quote from: 16-bit on 06/03/2011, 01:32 AM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 06/02/2011, 10:57 AMA
Also, I'm thinking of contacting someone at Geek.kon that is being held in Madison in Sept about bringing some Turbo goodness, to kind of throw together a mini turbofest to go along with whatever gaming they got going.  This'll be my first Geek.kon so we'll see if that is even a possibility.
The guys who run Geekcon are hardcore. They showed me pics of their gameroom and they had EVERYTHING.  I really can't speak for them, but I would think they would be open to a Turbo Fest.  I am really looking forward to attending that show as a vendor and an attendee.

Also any interest in a Turbo Fest outside of the Smithsonian Museum Spring 2012 to protest the exclusion of the TG16 from the video game art exhibition?  We could all bring TurboExpresses/GTs and maybe a LT or two...LOL
Actually, I would be interested in that.

OldRover

If I could afford a plane ticket, I would be there... but right now, I can't afford a gumball. :(
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Mathius

Can I get some directions? I am going to be traveling north on the toll road (I-355 I think) coming from Indiana. I am not awesome enough to have a GPS.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 07/01/2011, 09:30 PMCan I get some directions? I am going to be traveling north on the toll road (I-355 I think) coming from Indiana. I am not awesome enough to have a GPS.
The VGS is literally right off of I-355 and North Avenue. It's just West of 355.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/02/2011, 01:20 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 07/01/2011, 09:30 PMCan I get some directions? I am going to be traveling north on the toll road (I-355 I think) coming from Indiana. I am not awesome enough to have a GPS.
The VGS is literally right off of I-355 and North Avenue. It's just West of 355.
Sweet! That's just as easy as the MGC hotel! Thanks Dan buddy! :D

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 07/02/2011, 01:27 AM
Sweet! That's just as easy as the MGC hotel! Thanks Dan buddy! :D
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&pq=heron+point+lombard&xhr=t&q=645+west+north+avenue&cp=17&client=firefox-a&hs=p2l&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=990&bih=764&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl This will show you where it is from 355 and North Avenue, basically you're right there.
--DragonmasterDan

JoshTurboTrollX

yea it's super easy to find.  I'm really looking to hanging with you guys again!  I better find me a copy of battle load runner to practice up on mah skillz!!  LOL

You guys are real bastards at that AND bomberman!!

Mathius

Do you mean East?

chany60126

Yep Mathius, you are correct. The convention center is just 1/2 a block east of 355 on North Ave. I think Dan accidently linked the wrong map. When you get onto North Ave from 355, it will be on the right hand side.

Mathius

Quote from: chany60126 on 07/06/2011, 11:56 PMYep Mathius, you are correct. The convention center is just 1/2 a block east of 355 on North Ave. I think Dan accidently linked the wrong map. When you get onto North Ave from 355, it will be on the right hand side.
Dangit Dan! :P

Okay groovy! Thanks you two!

chany60126

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/06/2011, 01:52 PMyea it's super easy to find.  I'm really looking to hanging with you guys again!  I better find me a copy of battle load runner to practice up on mah skillz!!  LOL

Hehe, Battle Lode Runner is a blast. It may even be my favorite multiplayer game on the system. You should download the game on Virtual Console for the time being. It is not quite obey, but hey. :P

Mathius

Quote from: chany60126 on 07/07/2011, 12:31 AM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/06/2011, 01:52 PMyea it's super easy to find.  I'm really looking to hanging with you guys again!  I better find me a copy of battle load runner to practice up on mah skillz!!  LOL

Hehe, Battle Lode Runner is a blast. It may even be my favorite multiplayer game on the system. You should download the game on Virtual Console for the time being. It is not quite obey, but hey. :P
I am a Battle Load Runner virgin. I have played the Commodore 64 version (which rocks!), and the NES version (which blows IIRC).

Edit- I am referring to the original Load Runner. Oops.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: chany60126 on 07/06/2011, 11:56 PMYep Mathius, you are correct. The convention center is just 1/2 a block east of 355 on North Ave. I think Dan accidently linked the wrong map. When you get onto North Ave from 355, it will be on the right hand side.
The map loads fine for me. Could differ depending on which browser he's using.

I tried in another browser and this is what it would need to be.

There's two different identical addresses within a few miles of each other, just different cities. When I was looking at it, it was right. But it pasted wrong.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=645+west+north+avenue,+Lombard+IL&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x880fad34c61fee1d:0x2ac7c307d1c2e289,645+W+North+Ave,+Lombard,+IL&gl=us&ei=ppIVTpvPM_SjsQKK5Jxm&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQ8gEwAA
--DragonmasterDan

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: chany60126 on 07/07/2011, 12:31 AM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/06/2011, 01:52 PMyea it's super easy to find.  I'm really looking to hanging with you guys again!  I better find me a copy of battle load runner to practice up on mah skillz!!  LOL

I haven't slept or showered for 86 hours straight mastering this game.  You all are going down!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/07/2011, 08:17 AMI haven't slept or showered for 86 hours straight mastering this game.  You all are going down!
Unless you're playing human opponents that practice isn't much help, the AI just stands in the same place and runs towards enemies.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/07/2011, 07:02 AM
The map loads fine for me. Could differ depending on which browser he's using.

I tried in another browser and this is what it would need to be.

There's two different identical addresses within a few miles of each other, just different cities. When I was looking at it, it was right. But it pasted wrong.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=645+west+north+avenue,+Lombard+IL&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x880fad34c61fee1d:0x2ac7c307d1c2e289,645+W+North+Ave,+Lombard,+IL&gl=us&ei=ppIVTpvPM_SjsQKK5Jxm&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQ8gEwAA
There we go! Thanks!

JoshTurboTrollX

I was thinking of bringing my collection for trades or whatever anyway.  Would you guys be interested in me bringing my region Modded Duo along with a projector just for added OBEY!?

O_O?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/07/2011, 05:10 PMI was thinking of bringing my collection for trades or whatever anyway.  Would you guys be interested in me bringing my region Modded Duo along with a projector just for added OBEY!?

O_O?
That actually might be a good idea if you want. Neither of my Duos are region modded so any PC engine HuCard
 play will require a converter
--DragonmasterDan

chany60126

YES!! Great idea JoshTurboTrollX-16. We should cover every square inch of that room with obey. A region modded duo would be awesome, that way we don't have to deal with converters and such.

BlueBMW

I had planned on bringing the following:

- Supergrafx + games
- PC Engine DuoR + component converter (for any who want to see what all the fuss is about RGB modding)
- Laseractive + sega / nec PACs (The unit is for DragonmasterDan, but if he's willing to share, maybe peeps can try out the two LDROM2 games I've got)
- Some games, not sure what all games yet, but I'll bring some :D

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: chany60126 on 07/07/2011, 05:56 PMYES!! Great idea JoshTurboTrollX-16. We should cover every square inch of that room with obey. A region modded duo would be awesome, that way we don't have to deal with converters and such.
Yep, last year doing Bomberman 94 and Battle Load Runner required use of the somewhat testy diving board converter you brought. A region modded duo would be an upgrade.
--DragonmasterDan

chany60126

Awesome Beamer! That's some good stuff you will be bringing. :)

I will be bringing my Turbografx + CD attachment and Turbo Duo. I will also bring most of the games I own. My collection is composed mostly of US games, so any PC Engine games brought to the show would be super.

Mathius

I will bring my Turbo-CD w/ Murai converter along with my modded Neo Geo just in case it will be needed.

Turbostar, I will be bringing some "possible trade" games along also.

There will be some sweet PCE obey in my case as well. :)

BlueBMW

I'll probably also bring my Turbo Express that thesteve installed the switchless region mod on.  Those mod chips should be arriving soon! :D

Sounds like we'll have PLENTY of systems hehe.

alexsduo

I wish I had another copy of BLR.  I flove that game!  It is one of my favorites.  Please someone bring faceball for pce so I can try and buy :)

BlueBMW

I can bring Faceball but its not really for sale... :mrgreen:

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: alexsduo on 07/08/2011, 02:06 AMI wish I had another copy of BLR.  I flove that game!  It is one of my favorites.  Please someone bring faceball for pce so I can try and buy :)
Thanks for loaning your BLR out!
--DragonmasterDan

tggodfrey

My schedule at work got moved.  I am now workign till 5pm on the 16th :(  If you guys do anything afterwards or this goes late I can stop by after work.

Terry
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy