OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Turbo Fest 2011 (VGS)

Started by chany60126, 04/05/2011, 03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RR1980

someone bring a copy of Magical Chase for Alex to buy too! haha just kidding Alex sorry I couldn't resist! hehe

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: tggodfrey on 07/08/2011, 09:18 AMMy schedule at work got moved.  I am now workign till 5pm on the 16th :(  If you guys do anything afterwards or this goes late I can stop by after work.

Terry
We're going out for Pizza at Roundheads Pizza in Lombard, off Roosevelt Road just West of Main Street after the VGS.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

If anyone has a consolized MVS they want to bring and sell I'd buy it in a snap! I am getting tired of playing Metal Slug on my PS2. I wants it on real (modified) hardware!

ElSeven

o man wish I could join you guys this year but i got tickets for pitchfork :/

and why was R-Type taken out of the tournaments??? :)
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

chany60126

because we figured you'd win again :wink:

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: ElSeven on 07/09/2011, 03:55 PMo man wish I could join you guys this year but i got tickets for pitchfork :/

WOW, now someone else has a chance to win!!!  LOL :P
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

alexsduo

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/08/2011, 08:11 AM
Quote from: alexsduo on 07/08/2011, 02:06 AMI wish I had another copy of BLR.  I flove that game!  It is one of my favorites.  Please someone bring faceball for pce so I can try and buy :)
Thanks for loaning your BLR out!
thanks for being awesome!!

Quote from: RR1980 on 07/08/2011, 09:19 AMsomeone bring a copy of Magical Chase for Alex to buy too! haha just kidding Alex sorry I couldn't resist! hehe
At least I am not the one posting this, :)  (I should have some interesting stuff to trade..)

Quote from: Mathius on 07/08/2011, 04:27 PMIf anyone has a consolized MVS they want to bring and sell I'd buy it in a snap! I am getting tired of playing Metal Slug on my PS2. I wants it on real (modified) hardware!
I have a cool little Nintendo Red Tent with a MVS installed inside, for sale..

Quote from: ElSeven on 07/09/2011, 03:55 PMo man wish I could join you guys this year but i got tickets for pitchfork :/

Aren't there 3 days of Pitchfork, why did you have to pick that day :)
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

majors

Looks like systems are good, so I will not bother lugging a Duo from NC. I'll bring a handful of games and converter as back up. Are we set for pads/taps? Those are easy to pack (remember, I'm flying).

My plan is to head up Friday to visit a friend, then hit VGS early Saturday. I haven't bothered looking at hotels but I figure I could find something Saturday night.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: majors on 07/11/2011, 11:21 AMLooks like systems are good, so I will not bother lugging a Duo from NC. I'll bring a handful of games and converter as back up. Are we set for pads/taps? Those are easy to pack (remember, I'm flying).

My plan is to head up Friday to visit a friend, then hit VGS early Saturday. I haven't bothered looking at hotels but I figure I could find something Saturday night.
Hotwire from your laptop, you could stay somewhere near for around $50 ;)

The plan as of now, is my Son, Tasha and myself are leaving Central WI at 6am.  We should be able to get to the convo's doors by 12 noon or earlier(Depending on the speeding I do!).  I'm bringing a collection of tradeable SNES, NES, Gens, Saturn, 7800, and Keith Courage.  Along with my Turbob softs.  As well as the Turbob Duob Region Modded and the Projector.

we game OBEY all day long, bitch about the good ole days and then go out for Pizza afterwards!

Also, is anyone interested in doing some retro-roundtable style shows/specials for my youtube channel?  It'd be cool to talk to some of you guys about your favorite/least favorite games or modding and whatnot.

I'm sure we'll talk more at the show!  :D

See you guys Saturday!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

majors

I'll make sure to grab Salamander, also.
TG/PCE Collection.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: majors on 07/11/2011, 12:15 PMI'll make sure to grab Salamander, also.
Multiple Slammanders running Simultaneously!!  O_O

chany60126

Much appreciated Majors. :)

Also, does anybody have those adapters that allow you to play Turbografx controllers on Turbo Duo or PC Engine systems? For those who didn't attend last year's show, there was a guy who brought some awesome custom made turbografx controllers, including one specifically made for pinball games with buttons on the sides of the arcade stick. I will also bring along third party T-16 controllers that most of you have never played before.

alexsduo

I think I
Quote from: chany60126 on 07/11/2011, 05:17 PMMuch appreciated Majors. :)

Also, does anybody have those adapters that allow you to play Turbografx controllers on Turbo Duo or PC Engine systems? For those who didn't attend last year's show, there was a guy who brought some awesome custom made turbografx controllers, including one specifically made for pinball games with buttons on the sides of the arcade stick. I will also bring along third party T-16 controllers that most of you have never played before.
I may have one, but it may be lost somewhere :(
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

nectarsis

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/11/2011, 11:32 AMwe game OBEY all day long, bitch about the good ole days and then go out for Pizza afterwards!
What??  No sushi and beer?!?!?   :wink: :lol:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

BlueBMW

Quote from: nectarsis on 07/11/2011, 08:27 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/11/2011, 11:32 AMwe game OBEY all day long, bitch about the good ole days and then go out for Pizza afterwards!
What??  No sushi and beer?!?!?   :wink: :lol:
It was your job to bring the sushi and beer...  [-(
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

majors

Looks like my buddy has to work Friday till 10pm...any one wanna save me a two hour bus ride and pick me up from the 'port? I do not see any hotel shuttles as of yet, and being so far, not likely. I can try to get in at these times on Friday:

8:34 AM ORD
10:53 AM ORD
12:55 PM ORD
3:25 PM ORD
5:07 PM ORD
7:06 PM ORD
9:16 PM ORD

Does it work for anyone? Still figuring out hotel stuff...anyone looking to split a room?
TG/PCE Collection.

Mathius

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/11/2011, 11:32 AM
Quote from: majors on 07/11/2011, 11:21 AMLooks like systems are good, so I will not bother lugging a Duo from NC. I'll bring a handful of games and converter as back up. Are we set for pads/taps? Those are easy to pack (remember, I'm flying).

Hotwire from your laptop, you could stay somewhere near for around $50 ;)

The plan as of now, is my Son, Tasha and myself are leaving Central WI at 6am.  We should be able to get to the convo's doors by 12 noon or earlier(Depending on the speeding I do!).  I'm bringing a collection of tradeable SNES, NES, Gens, Saturn, 7800, and Keith Courage.  Along with my Turbob softs.  As well as the Turbob Duob Region Modded and the Projector.

we game OBEY all day long, bitch about the good ole days and then go out for Pizza afterwards!

Also, is anyone interested in doing some retro-roundtable style shows/specials for my youtube channel?  It'd be cool to talk to some of you guys about your favorite/least favorite games or modding and whatnot.

I'm sure we'll talk more at the show!  :D

See you guys Saturday!
A roundtable discussion might be cool. With Chany, Dan, Byron, and myself it may end up being interesting.

Quote from: majors on 07/12/2011, 11:41 AMLooks like my buddy has to work Friday till 10pm...any one wanna save me a two hour bus ride and pick me up from the 'port? I do not see any hotel shuttles as of yet, and being so far, not likely. I can try to get in at these times on Friday:

8:34 AM ORD
10:53 AM ORD
12:55 PM ORD
3:25 PM ORD
5:07 PM ORD
7:06 PM ORD
9:16 PM ORD

Does it work for anyone? Still figuring out hotel stuff...anyone looking to split a room?
I don't know if Ash and me would be in a position to yet. Are you coming in to O'Hare?

majors

Yes, o'hare. 30 minutes away from vgs.
TG/PCE Collection.

cyloaiza

Oh wow, it's almost here. I'm so coming to this! :dance:

Mathius

Quote from: cyloaiza on 07/14/2011, 12:09 AMOh wow, it's almost here. I'm so coming to this! :dance:
See you there! You will be able to find us by following all the shouting coming from Nintendo fanboys attempting to make one sided arguments. The best defense against them is to just don't move. Their vision is based on movement.

BlueBMW

Quote from: majors on 07/12/2011, 12:37 PMYes, o'hare. 30 minutes away from vgs.
Did you find a ride?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

majors

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/14/2011, 12:25 AMDid you find a ride?
Always looking for a better ride, better to roll w/ TG heads rather than the homeless on the city bus. PM sent.
TG/PCE Collection.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: nectarsis on 07/11/2011, 08:27 PMWhat??  No sushi and beer?!?!?   :wink: :lol:
Nectie, are you coming?

Quote from: Mathius on 07/12/2011, 12:05 PMA roundtable discussion might be cool. With Chany, Dan, Byron, and myself it may end up being interesting.
What no lurboStar?   :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mathius

Ha ha! Yeah, "lurbostar" would be conducting the panel I would assume. :wink:

Mathius

Quote from: majors on 07/14/2011, 09:15 AM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/14/2011, 12:25 AMDid you find a ride?
Always looking for a better ride, better to roll w/ TG heads rather than the homeless on the city bus. PM sent.
Glad you may have found a ride majors. I just wasn't sure if I would have been in a position to. I didn't want to say yes and then not make your arrival time.

I hope you have found some place to crash for the weekend.

chany60126

Turbo Fest is almost here!!

There should be signs in the convention center indicating where to go, but just in case, the VGS will take place in the lower level of the building.

Make sure you guys arrive early enough so you can participate in all the tournaments starting with the 5-player game: Battle Lode Runner at 12 PM. :)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Mathius on 07/14/2011, 12:34 PMHa ha! Yeah, "lurbostar" would be conducting the panel I would assume. :wink:
^ makes lurboing fun again!

majors

So, you just need a Salamander from me? Do we need more taps, pads, Hu's, CD's? Last chance from NC. I know it's only 7 hours long...but that damn boy scout in me...

I'm planning on arriving in ORD at 5pm (might be 7pm, love the stand-by). I got a room at the HoJo 3 miles away(600 E Lake Street, 60101)...free shuttle and under $100, works for me! If anyone is down for some pre-party-ness, shoot me a PM and I can drop my number at you. Prolly could use a ride Saturday morn...breakfast anyone or are are just gonna gnaw on some loose KC Hu's?
TG/PCE Collection.

Mathius

I am all packed! Here is my cargo list:

Modded Neo Geo AES w/ a few goodies
TurboGrafx Super CD-ROM System w/ Murai Converter + The cream of my collection and a some possible trade fodder
      -my NEC games container is freakin heavy!
That's all...I think

chany60126

Good to hear everything will work out majors!!

Nice Mathius. That Neo Geo AES will come handy as we needed another system. :)

Mathius

I brought my copy of Salamander also so it wouldn't feel left out. :)

Mathius

Ash and me made it! Fairfield INN room 312.

DragonmasterDan

The day of TurboFest has arrived!
--DragonmasterDan

chany60126

Mathius

Woo-Hoo! Ash and me just got up and will be over there at 11.

tggodfrey

Was great meeting some of you.  Hope everyone had a good time.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Mathius

We did! The company was great as always.

BlueBMW

Absolutely awesome weekend!  Met some new friends and several old ones!  We all had a fantastic time though.  Lots of turbo playing and story swapping.  Special thanks to DragonMasterDan and Chany60126 for their coordination efforts on making the TurboFest happen!

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/16/2011, 11:10 PMAbsolutely awesome weekend!  Met some new friends and several old ones!  We all had a fantastic time though.  Lots of turbo playing and story swapping.  Special thanks to DragonMasterDan and Chany60126 for their coordination efforts on making the TurboFest happen!
How could I forget D-Dan, Chany, and Rob?!?! Thanks guys for an awesome weekend! Josh, BlueBMW, and Majors were the icing on the cake! Great to meet you tggodfrey! :)

Tatsujin

When will the obey-pics come?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

/SAM_0427.jpg

/SAM_0429.jpg

/SAM_0428.jpg

/SAM_0430.jpg

/SAM_0431.jpg

/SAM_0433.jpg

/SAM_0435.jpg

/SAM_0436.jpg

/SAM_0437.jpg

/SAM_0438.jpg

/SAM_0440.jpg
Alexduo's vendor table

/SAM_0442.jpg

/SAM_0445.jpg

/SAM_0446.jpg

/SAM_0447.jpg

/SAM_0448.jpg

/SAM_0449.jpg

/SAM_0451.jpg

/SAM_0480.jpg
Mmmm nom nom nom

/SAM_0481.jpg
Ash with her Pacman hero....who was devoured shortly afterward

/SAM_0493.jpg
Killing ourselves with Chicago's finest pie

/SAM_0494.jpg

/SAM_0496.jpg

/SAM_0498.jpg
Rare pic of Chany403somethin or other

/SAM_0500.jpg
Major Majors showing that pie who's boss

Opethian

Viewpoint!!! fuggin awesome!! man I need to head out to chicago someday. Looks like a blast!
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: Opethian on 07/17/2011, 12:06 AMViewpoint!!! fuggin awesome!! man I need to head out to chicago someday. Looks like a blast!
That's the copy of Viewpoint that Joe "reviewed" for Game Sack.

DragonmasterDan

It was awesome meeting everyone, I hope everyone had as much fun as I did!
--DragonmasterDan

chany60126

I want to thank each and everyone of you guys that came out to support Turbo Fest. I hope everyone had a good time, I know I did. It was awesome meeting everybody. As long as the VGS continues on, we will continue to host Turbo Fest next year as well in Chicagoland.:)

RR1980

wow look at those cupcakes! and those pizzas!

hizaygizirlz

Look at how many of Mathius pictures have Alex wheelin' and dealin' in the background!
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

BlueBMW

Hahaha!  Alex actually seemed like a pretty cool guy.  Had some decent stuff for sale too.  Though he wanted $75 for a TG16... little high IMO. But still a nice guy :)