10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Show us your desktop!

Started by Ceti Alpha, 09/25/2008, 05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceti Alpha

Nice! We were just talking about the multi-monitor thing the other night, weren't we? But yeah, I could see the benefits of that. heh
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

WoodyXP

"I bathe in AES carts."

Starfighter

I really like the look of W7, I'm almost looking forward to the new computer (I'm saving up for it right now) since it probably will be a PC.

My Mac gave up so I have to get by with my laptop (not mac) for the time being - I'll show you guys when I come home.

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Starfighter on 10/11/2010, 06:49 AMI really like the look of W7, I'm almost looking forward to the new computer (I'm saving up for it right now) since it probably will be a PC.

My Mac gave up so I have to get by with my laptop (not mac) for the time being - I'll show you guys when I come home.
Sounds good. Yeah, I have absolutely no complaints with Windows 7. It looks great, but it runs really smooth and has some nifty little features. There are also a lot of adjustments you can make to the skins/icons/mouse pointer that really give your desktop that personal touch. You'll like it. :)

Nice Linux skin, Woody!  8) The clay-like icons are very neat.
IMG

Starfighter

Sounds sweet!

Here's my temporary: /screenshotgy.png

Starfighter

And here's how it's gonna be for quite some time. :)

potato.png
https://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/nosystemworks/Screenshots/potato.png

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

hashiriya1

Yes, I am chillin at Panera right now.

Here is my desktop:

desktop.jpg
https://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm64/tragedy623/desktop.jpg

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlackandBlue

Quote from: hashiriya1 on 11/13/2010, 06:49 PMYes, I am chillin at Panera right now.

Here is my desktop:

desktop.jpg
https://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm64/tragedy623/desktop.jpg
Looks like my netbook.  Non-activated Windows 7 ? :)
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

rodek

esteban

It's been a while. You folks can grab Zonk's New Year Wallpaper if you'd like:

IMG

NOTE: Unfortunately, I didn't make any images for dual-screened desktops... so, no 3840x1024 for BMW. Though, I'd surely make one if BMW were interested.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BlueBMW

:cry:  I always get the shaft on desktop wallpapers :P  Its ok though, I've got a big pile of wallpapers that cycle through.  I appreciate the offer though!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

1980-20..

People still use wallpapers that soooooo! 1997 8)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: nectarsis on 11/13/2010, 06:05 PM/88e434a6.jpg
What is it with you and robots with boobs ?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nectarsis

Ummmm  robots with boobs?  Yeah it's SUCH a common theme  :roll: #-o :lol: :lol:  Now if you said what's with you and Gundam series based robots ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NecroPhile

Robot boobs makes me think of Summer Glau in that Terminator TV show.  Mmm, so om-nom-nomible.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

Ceti Alpha

Quote/mydesktopgx.jpg
Nice, Paul! The Adobe icons are pretty sweet. Is that a picture of your hometown? Interesting architecture. heh

I also see your trying out IE9, as am I. I'm still using Chrome mostly, but IE9 has definitely caught up with Chrome and Firefox. I've found a few websites that don't play nice with IE9, but those were old sites that haven't been updated since the 90s, i.e. Trekweb.
IMG

OldRover

Mine is NSFW. It's a model I've been working on lately for a game. Click the censored thumbnail to see it uncensored and full-size. :P

nodtveidt.net/desktop-04-09-11.png
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

_Paul

Quote from: ceti alpha on 04/09/2011, 04:47 PMNice, Paul! The Adobe icons are pretty sweet. Is that a picture of your hometown? Interesting architecture. heh

I also see your trying out IE9, as am I. I'm still using Chrome mostly, but IE9 has definitely caught up with Chrome and Firefox. I've found a few websites that don't play nice with IE9, but those were old sites that haven't been updated since the 90s, i.e. Trekweb.
I was only using IE9 to get past the Wincustomize dowload limit :P
It seems OK but I'm primarily on Firefox for now.

Joe Redifer

I now have a dual monitor setup.  The pictures change every hour or maybe every half hour, not sure.  They are all photos that I personally took of all my own consoles.

desktop2011.webp

An unholy mess, I know.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 04/10/2011, 03:43 AM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 04/09/2011, 04:47 PMNice, Paul! The Adobe icons are pretty sweet. Is that a picture of your hometown? Interesting architecture. heh

I was only using IE9 to get past the Wincustomize dowload limit :P
It seems OK but I'm primarily on Firefox for now.
haha. Yeah, IE9 is a much improved experience, but it's still not enough to get me off Chrome, or Firefox, for that matter. It basically moved from the bottom of my browser list to the top three.

Nice shots, Joe. I never would have thought that the 32X could look good, but you pulled it off. heh
IMG

BlueBMW

Not sure if posted in here yet or not, but here it is.  Three 19" screens lol.  Widescreen monitors can stick it!

/desktop2.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

Indeed, wide screen monitors do indeed "stick it."

19" monitors, on the other hand, can suck it!

:)

BlueBMW

Quote from: esteban on 04/24/2011, 11:50 PMIndeed, wide screen monitors do indeed "stick it."

19" monitors, on the other hand, can suck it!

:)
True, someday I need to bump up the size... but who makes non-widescreen monitors anymore :(

NecroPhile

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/25/2011, 12:23 AMTrue, someday I need to bump up the size... but who makes non-widescreen monitors anymore :(
NEC!  Unfortunately, they're damn spendy.

BlueBMW

:shock: wow those are spendy.

thesteve

Quote from: Ratix on 09/25/2008, 11:08 PMIMG
Guardian Legend, @Ratix...great game

thesteve

IMAG0014.jpg
thats a 50" NEC display

Ceti Alpha

IMG

Starfighter

I poked around in my Power Mac G4 (that runs Tiger) to see if I could make it look a bit more like Leopard without the use of too much third party apps and/or the installation of... well. Leopard.
Turns out I could!

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Starfighter

Oh, that's sweet! My Windows computer is also awesome, I'll take a screenshot right away.

IMG

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

grahf

My work machine. Linux box running Gnome Shell 3.2.

Screenshot at 2012-03-21 17_53_03.webp

tggodfrey

SkydiveDesktop-2011a.webp
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2517535104026
SkydiveDesktop-2011.jpg
/2886740890046_.jpg

Not too exciting at work.....
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Arkhan Asylum

I dunno your work looks pretty exciting.  Which guy are you?!

Grahf: Which linux do you run!

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

I wish I had chocolate pudding on my desktop.  :D

tggodfrey

Quote from: guest on 03/21/2012, 08:40 AMI dunno your work looks pretty exciting. Which guy are you?!
Grahf: Which linux do you run!
I am in on left side of the "Base" in the red wingsuit.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

esteban

An oldie, but goodie (I made this...6+ years ago?)

Bonus points if you can identify the game! :pcgs:

IMG

grahf

Quote from: guest on 03/21/2012, 08:40 AMGrahf: Which linux do you run!
Nothing crazy. Just Ubuntu 11.10 with Gnome Shell installed. I just changed the wallpaper and icon pack. Oh, and the little cpu/memory monitor in the bottom left is an extension from http://extensions.gnome.org

Arkhan Asylum

That Gnome shell shit is pretty great.  I should setup my Linux computer again.  I Put it behind the tron cabinet (laptop), since I wasnt using it really.

grahf

There's no other window manager out there that handles multiple workspaces as well, IMO. I always have a ton of windows open at work, so it's invaluable.

To the curious I'd recommend:
http://ubuntu-gs-remix.sourceforge.net/p/home/
It's basically Ubuntu with the Gnome Shell and more of the stock Gnome apps pre-installed. As well as the awesome Ubuntu Software Center, UbuntuOne, etc.

JoshTurboTrollX

running minty- by no means a linux master, but still enjoying the freedom :)

/screenshotwjm.png

JoshTurboTrollX

grahf

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/09/2012, 09:59 AMIMG
If you try to run freethrow.exe, does the computer crash?